Ga, Za and Vaa

Ian Rons ianrons at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 4 09:53:29 EST 2004

93,

In their own words:

Ga: "I am ... the last of the spirit of life"
[Dee: They are the two last letters in the Line of the
Holy Ghost in the Third Table.]

Za: "I have power to scourge them that resist the
power, will and commandment of God"

Va: "I have power to gather up the blessings of God,
and to set them (if they be disdained) in a better
soil"

The Latin you gave is Dee's version of the same:

Ga – The last of the spirit of lives.
["Ultimus" has several meanings: first, last, greatest
and meanest; however, the Medieval sense is that of
lowest, last, etc.  "Vivorum" is probably after the
Hebrew idiom, as in RVCh ALHIM ChIIM.]

Za – Scourger of resistance to the power, will and
commandment of God.
[The Latin I have from Cotton Appdx. 46 is slightly
different from yours from TFR: "Flagellator
resistentium potentati, voluntati, praecepto Dei."
"Resistentium" is genitive.]

Vaa – Transplanter of gifts.
[I don't know how you got "deliverer" -- I would
recommend getting a better dictionary, like Lewis &
Short.]

93 93/93

All the best,

Ian