An Heptarchic Puzzle

Josh Norton browe at ctd.com
Tue Sep 22 00:30:44 EDT 1998

Greetings, all;

I've been going over the derivation of the names of the Heptarchic
"ministers of the hours", comparing their names as given in the visions of
November 17-20, 1583, against the names that would be derived using the
"revealed" methods given on November 21.

In the groups under six of the Heptarchic Kings I found only three
discrepancies, in each case a single differing letter. But in the ministers
under King Bnapsen (Saturn) the situation is a bit odd.

The "revealed" method for deriving these names takes the names of the Kings
starting with Bobogel and going in their clockwise order in the Tabula
Bonorum, except that the 49th angel of the Tablet, Bamnode, is used instead
of Baligon. To get the name of the first minister, one takes the first
letter of the first King's name, the second letter of the second King, and
so on. In effect, one is making a little table out of the Kings' names, and
drawing a diagonal across it. The name of the second minister is described
as beginning with the first letter of the _second_ King's name, then the
second letter of the third King's name, and so on to the fifth letter of
the sixth King's name.

If we assumed that this method would be used for all the ministers, and
that the diagonals would "wrap around" to the beginning of the list as
needed, then we would come up with a list of ministers like this:

BANSSZE
BYAPADL
BNAMOEL
BNUNGER
BLMOLOL
BABAPON

However, the list of ministers as shown in the record looks like this:

BANSSZE
BYAPARE
BNAMGEN
BNUAGES
BLBOPOO
BABEPEN

It would seem that, in every case except the first minister, the minister's
names stop using letters from the Tabula Bonorum when they reach a letter
in the name of King Blumaza. This can be seen more easily by splitting the
table into two parts, so that the name "Blumaz(a)" appears on the diagonal
of the left-hand group:

BANSSZE
BYAPA	RE
BNAM		GEN
BNU		AGES
BL		BOPOO
B		ABEPEN

This is all implied in the description of the "revealed" method, but not
very clearly.

I can not find any way to derive the letters in the right-hand group from
the Tabula Bonorum. Since Bnapsen rules "conjurers, witches, and wicked
spirits", I suppose that these letters might represent a "necessary
intrusion of evil" into the orderly system of the Heptarchy. But it would
be interesting if their origin could be determined. Anybody got any ideas?

Josh

------
Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. -- John Lennon

Josh Norton aka Benjamin Rowe -- browe@ctd.com or browe@one.net
Enochian magick at http://w3.one.net/~browe/index.htm
PGP public key at http://w3.one.net/~browe/pgp_public_key.htm
____________...oooOOO---enochian-l@hollyfeld.org---OOOooo..._____________